Friday, March 1, 2013

Starting 8th month TTC!

So, woo-hoo!  Today is starting our 8th month TTC!  hehe, moving right along.  Strangely enough, I feel that the more that time passes, the  closer we are to having more information (about my cycles, etc), & to things hopefully happening.  Earlier this week I had informed my Obgyn what our decision was regarding the RE (waiting one more cycle), & had said I would like to get information regarding costs, etc, now if possible, so today I got a call from the REI (reproductive endocrinology & infertility) clinic! :)  The charge nurse, who pretty much handles everything (patient contact, pricing, test results, etc) was super nice, & she had a packet all ready for me that I went & picked up after work today.  

Once I saw everything (including that the prices were way better than I was expecting!) I actually felt really happy!  I think just because I felt like for once I would be in the hands of experts, who really knew what they were doing & specialized in this area.  It's just a whole different feeling, & I felt that just from talking to the charge nurse & looking through all the paperwork they gave me.  They also had a video for me to watch that had various info regarding infertility & treatments.  If I should go down this road, I think I actually feel really good about it!  When I left the clinic, which is right here in my town, like 10 min away, also w/ the sheet knowing the costs are not nearly as bad as I thought (huge relief!), I was thinking ya know, we're actually pretty blessed, all things considered.  I know from reading other women's stories that it could be way worse.  

So the way my RE's office does things (they have a system!) is that you do your blood work, HSG, & get the DH's SA done all before your initial consult w/ the RE.  I think that's kinda cool actually, because they can start at a really knowledgeable place w/ your treatment, since the basic tests are already done.

The charge nurse told me that if I don't ovulate this cycle by day 45 then I should call & she'll issue another prescription for Provera, & then once CD1 starts, I can schedule the HSG & do the bloodwork labs.  Part of me is still wondering if I want to start testing/treatment this soon or not????? ahhh!  I know I have a good reason to if I do, & I'm no longer that worried about cost, but SOMEWHERE in my brain keeps wondering "hey, maybe you WILL regulate if you wait a little longer" (in an annoying voice) ...lol.  

But I dunno, I'm thinking, if I get to CD60 again with no ovulation, & that'll be at around 9 total months of TTC, is there really that much chance that I would magically start ovulating in the next 3 months?? (before the magic "year" point).  Honestly, if I was ovulating at ALL I would wait &  keep trying naturally.  I dunno, I'm confusing myself by even talking about it, lol.  I think at this point if I pursue treatment I will feel really good about it, & feel like I'm taking charge of the situation, etc, but honestly I'm happy to wait longer to do that, but only if there's a good reason to, I guess.  But the bummer is, there is no way to know if there's a good reason!! lol.  I guess if I accept the PCOS diagnosis, there may not be much reason to wait, because my ovulation will likely continue to be an issue, but if I hope that maybe my obgyn was wrong & my body is just still regulating, then there "could" potentially be a reason.  gaaaa, I'm sorry, I must be annoying right now.  lol.  ANYWAY...hehe, but seriously any input on this would actually be very appreciated.

All in all I'm feeling very happy & hopeful about everything! Just hoping I make the right decision in regards to when to start testing/treatment.

4 comments:

  1. It makes me happy to read that you're feeling good after talking with the nurse at the RE!! I haven't been in your situation before but I think that since you're not ovulating on your own you're on the right track starting the testing process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're in a much better place now and armed with some good information. That's great! We started month #8 last week, too. It sucks but having some kind of a plan helps. Good luck with your next steps, whatever you decide those should be!

    ReplyDelete