Thursday, March 21, 2013

Christmas Every Day :D

Alrighty, so you know how I was all grumpy about my chart yesterday?? lol.  Well, this morning when I woke up at 4am to temp, I was still deciding whether or not to test today (11dpo) like I had planned.  I took my temp & it had gone up again, so I figured hey why not?  My DH knew I was testing, & he happened to be awake in bed next to me.  So I went in the bathroom & tested with a First Response Early Response (FRER) test, & within a minute or so a faint line appeared!!  I came out of the bathroom before the timer was done & told my hubby "Omg Babe, I'm pregnant!!"  He smiled & looked totally shocked!  I went on saying a series of "omg", "holy crap", etc, then made him come look at the line, haha.  We are having a baby!!! :D

So, logistics first: Timing: we hit O-3, O-1, O, & O+2
We used OPKs, as you remember, I temped of course, we used Preseed, & I took PNVs.  

Here is the HiLaRiOuS part of the story that I love!  So a couple weeks ago, someone had posted on the bump, that they got their BFP & one of the things they had done, totally as a joke, was stand to on their head after sex! lol.  And then she got pregnant! WELL...I thought this was SO hilarious that I told DH about it, & the next time we BD'd when I had a +opk, I decided to be funny & totally did my own naked headstand (or as close as I could get, that is, lol) afterwards!  DH laughed & then proceeded to do his own since he was better at it than me, LOL.  So go figure - I stood on my head, & now I am pregnant!! LOL.

Seeing that result this morning was amazing - that moment felt so surreal!!  It's so crazy, because, despite yesterday when I started to want to protect myself from disappointment, these last several days since O, I really have felt in my heart that this was going to happen.  I can't even explain it really, there was just SO many things indicating to me that this was God's timing.  And that's honestly what got my hopes up so much, because otherwise I can't say I would've expected this right out the gate with my first real "O".  I was so excited to even "O" in the first place, but over time this cycle, so many things have spoken to me, so I want to share about that.

Towards the beginning of my cycle, after I found out about the PCOS thing, a good girlfriend of mine, who is very blessed in fertility, prayed over me that I would ovulate & conceive (and the last person she prayed for found out she was pregnant the next month!).  She put her hand on my stomach, & it was super warm, & I honestly felt something, like a spiritual feeling I can't explain.  Well, later as it turns out, I ended up ovulating!!  I was SO excited just for that!  Well, then as you guys might remember me saying, my hubby & I had gone in to our church's ministry school to teach on "love & relationships", both from our personal experience, & my experience as a counselor.  Well, afterwards, an adult student who didn't even know us, came up & said that he was a little nervous to say anything, but after hearing my DH say his goal in life was to "be a good husband & father", he felt comfortable to say that when he saw us up there he had "seen" in the spiritual realm, me w/ a pregnant belly (he did the round motion, haha).  At that time I had not O'd yet, but was still emotional from the PCOS thing, & tears kinda welled up in my eyes.  Hearing someone say something like that was really really touching, it really blessed me.  Well then, the other day, on my brother in law's birthday (the 17th), we were out to lunch w/ him, when I was asking him some things about his girlfriend, who I haven't met yet, because she lives far away right now but will be moving back soon.  Well anyway, he got a look in his eye & he said omg I just remembered, she had a dream about you!  I was like "really??"...thought this was super odd since we haven't met.  He said yeah, she told me the other day she dreamt that you were pregnant, & were telling her about the sex of the baby, etc.  If that doesn't give you chills I don't know what will! haha.  

And on TOP of all of this...at some point in my cycle when I realized if I got pregnant now the due date would be in December, I just had this CrAzY feeling that this was going to happen now.  Not because I have wanted a December due date - in fact I originally wanted a summer baby (TTC makes you throw those plans out the window & not care about things like this real quick) & have always thought it would suck to have your bday in the month of Christmas, haha.  But here's why - it's because many years ago when I was a teenager, my favorite preacher/speaker EVER singled me out in a huge church service, & prophesied over me a "word" that I have taken with me all my life.  There were a few different points in it, but at the main part, he had said "your life will be like 'Christmas Every Day' ".  My dad & I have joked about this over the years, & how both of us are totally claiming this for our lives, & how amazingly God really has blessed us!  Well, knowing my baby will be born in December, I just feel like that's God's way of saying "Merry Christmas!"  ...Omg now I am crying!  Seriously, He touches my heart with how intentional He was to show me all these things that would build my faith this cycle & show His intentional love for me.  I feel like this wasn't just "luck" or even "good timing", but that God did this on purpose in this way to show His incredible love to me.  Like it was meant to be.  He has been beside me in this incredibly difficult journey, helping me through, catching my tears, giving me hope, strength, endurance, & now here we are!  I feel incredibly blessed!  Merry Christmas!

To all my TTCers, I hope this gives you hope in some way!  My whole experience trying to conceive has really given me such a soft spot in my heart for everyone out there who has trouble TTC, & you will all always be in a T&Ps (thoughts & prayers)!  I hope you all get your BFPs soon!

6 comments:

  1. OMG! This is such an amazing post! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you, Congratulations :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you ladies so much! :D Really appreciate all your support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your BFP post on The Bump but didn't have time to respond. Congratulations, girl!!! That is such fantastic news. I'm so happy that it worked out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I know, it was so amazing & surprising!! Really hoping you get your BFP soon too, I think about you a lot!

    ReplyDelete