Monday, February 4, 2013

Frustrated!

Ugh, feeling frustrated today!  Just "ahhhhh!"  Right now, really wishing I had started temping earlier in the TTC process, so I'd have some REAL evidence of whether I'm ovulating or not.  I wish this cycle had turned up more in that regard; I kinda feel like this whole long ass cycle was just a waste! ugh.  Sorry, I'm just mad right now.  What brought this frustration on was a conversation on "the bump", a site I visit regularly, & some people were saying that ovulation is supposed to resume post BCP in about 90 days, but I've always heard & read it could be up to a year.  So I post on the "trouble TTC" board to get answers from some of the ladies who've been at it a little longer, & even they are saying that not ovulating this far in sounds unusual. Ugh!! :/  The thing is, if I'd been charting for my 1st & 2nd cycle post BCP, I'd be able to say for sure if I ever O'd back then (although I don't think I did).  And of course, w/ cycle 3 being the first one that I got to temp the whole time, I didn't O (ovulate), & also didn't even get to see the damn cycle finish cuz it was getting so long that I went on the Provera.  Now I just feel like I have no good info, & am wondering AGAIN if maybe all of this really ISN'T normal.  I think...if this next cycle doesn't show any ovulation (and I'm gonna wait it out this time, no Provera even if it gets long), then I'm gonna think about talking to my OB (obgyn) again & getting more serious, cuz I'm just so fed up.  I really DON'T think that it's fair I should have to wait a whole year w/out any testing if I'm not O'ing at all, that's just a long time to "try" w/ there being no chance of any pregnancy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're frustrated right now. :( I just wanted to tell you that one of my friends was not ovulating after birth control and she talked to her Dr about this after 2 very long cycles and was able to do testing before the year mark. I'm not sure if she was referred to an RE at that time or if her OB did the testing but if I were you I would ask my doctor if testing in this situation is an option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, this is really encouraging to hear! Can I ask what kind of testing she had done? My OB is planning to have me to the standard CD3 bloodwork once I get AF from the Provera, but no other testing is planned at this point.

    ReplyDelete